[OSList] Creative NJ

Pamela Marvin sarel.marvin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:20:50 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,
   I am a member of the steering committee for Creative NJ. We worked with
Suzanne and Chuni to Open Space here in NJ 3 years ago. Since then we have
done Open Space Convenings in 6 communities in New Jersey ( with more
planned). As you may know NJ were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. Many of our
communities are still struggling to get back on their feet. We received a
grant to use Open Space to help communities focus their recovery efforts.
Our first Open Space convening is May 2, in my home community of Highlands.
The planning is going well, but it has become clear that many of the
stakeholders at this event may be quite angry/emotional and there
entrenched factions. The concerns and issues likely to be raised, are
closer to the bone than at our other meetings.  We would particularly like
to hear about similar experiences with Open Space in highly charged,
emotional situations. We would appreciate any direction or advice you can
give us, but we know if all else fails we can follow Harrison's advice and
take a nap.

Thanks for your help,

Pam Marvin