[OSList] Facilitating the Uncovering of Assumptions

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:50:40 PDT 2013

Dear John,
in my case, I have been through 45 years of what you describe in your
journey.
The first 28 years working on  "how can we appropriately help guide the
definition of the banks of the river so the flow is powerful and focused
and dynamic" and the last 17 years expanding space for the river to
explore and structure its dynamic and focus it sees appropriate for
whatever it is up to.
In other words, working on ways of getting out of the way, skipping
control, unattaching myself from the goals of the river...
Now, I would not say that the first 28 years were wasted time as they
were part of my journey but much of my ongoing unlearning is tough.
I am happying myself with the journey including mystifying myself with
what on earth is that force that I call "selforganisation", something
that seems to lead to all kinds of unexpected, never heard of,
completely improbable etc. developments, transitions, paradigm shifts,
etc... just the everyday life I see around me.
Nice effects of working under these "assumptions" have been for me not
to care about peoples or groups or organisations or systems assumptions,
their goals, the quality of their cooperation or their dialog, how
leadership is playing out, feedback-loops, their energy level, their
motivation, their team spirit, organigramms... in fact, I know that
busying myself with all that stuff would just reduce the immense energy
I need to get out of the way...
I find it hard work and wonder who else is on that journey and how they
are faring...
Greetings from Berlin
mmp