[OSList] Super-small open space

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 16 15:02:45 PDT 2013

One first thing that comes to mind, Gray is to ask the group how inviting others in the region - different, diverse, not the 'usual suspects' - might enrich the entire experience. However if this is one of your very-specific-members-of-a-group OS events, my only other advice would be to - when you open - invite people to really take advantage of the ability to (for example) be a 'whoever comes' party of one, think, reflect, write, and see what the expansiveness of being a smaller group can offer - a luxury of spaciousness that is in itself a unique experience…

And I'd still set up the room so there are let's say 5 or 8 discussion areas because it helps people feel themselves and open their thinking when they find themselves and their bodies in different locations over time…

Lisa