[OSList] Education - the last frontier for OST?

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:56:25 PDT 2013

Dear Paul,

I am not a teacher but have spent a lot of time with students and others
who are with students.  This RESONATES loud and strong.  Please do not
apologize for reiterating; some things need to be repeated often, they
reaffirm what we believe, they give us courage on the path, they invite
noticed our friend, the man with the hat, Harrison Owen repeats many things
quite often: *sit in a circle*, create a bulletin board, open a
marketplace, and go to work!!

With a touch of humor but on a serious note.  Thank you for sharing Paul,

Suzanne

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Paul Nunesdea <nunesdea at me.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am just departing from Zurich ETH (ranked 12 in top 100 universities)
> where I have made a presentation (The Perfect Learning Experience) in one
> of their Summer Schools*.*
>
> I have designed my session in order to interact with the participants from
> all parts of the world and I was really surprised to see how the 'spirit'
> of OST was so evidently present.
>
> Just at the start of my presentation well before I have started to talk
> about OST I asked this question - what do you think is the number one
> expectation of students in the XXI century classroom? I am copying bellow
> the replies I have got.
>
> Does these resonate with other students' expectations you might be engaged
> with? Does anyone being a teacher has opened Space in their classrooms?
>
> Question 1 - What would be the number one expectation of students in the
> XXI century classroom?
> Inter-connectivity
> Filtered information
> Structured
> Digested
> Interaction
> Active participation in the class
> Coffee-like
> Expectation
> Freedom to learn what they want
> Input
> Individualised learning methodologies specific to the needs of each
> student that takes their strengths and weaknesses into account.
> Captived
>  ELearning
> An inspiring teacher with whom one can have a real relationship
> Taking home from the lecture as much as  possible  in order to have enough
> input to deepen it at home on your own.
> Laptop for every student
>
> Apologies if this reiterates previous discussions...
> Cheers
> Paul
>
> From my iPad

Suzanne Daigle