[OSList] Agile for OST Facilitators (Call #2: Monday 10/28, 7PM NYC/EST time)

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Mon Oct 28 12:18:08 PDT 2013

Suzanne,

So nice of you to express these thoughts. All we can do is explain it
briefly, invite people to give it a try, and experience it, (whatever
"it" is), and wait...and see what kind of interest (if any) develops.

Once again I'm reiterating: Using Open Space inside an Agile adoption is
a means to an end, and that end is: to introduce as many business people
as possible, in as many enterprises as possible, into the experience of
Open Space.

For my part, regarding persuasion: I have added the following statement
of intent into the Open Agile Adoption docs. This is my response to keen
and engaging feedback from Diane Gibault, Adriana Diaz-Berrio, and many
others here (please forgive me if I missed your name!)

"...Attempting to use invitation (and specifically the inviting Open
Space meeting format) to persuade, convince, or otherwise influence
anyone to do anything in an Agile adoption without their explicit
consent is not in alignment with the spirit, purposes and intent of the
Open Agile Adoption technique.
http://newtechusa.net/agile/on-persuasion/

On 10/28/13 12:55 PM, Suzanne Daigle wrote:
> [...]
>     cautions those using OAA to refrain from (and in fact completely
>     avoid) using OAA to: persuade, manipulate or control anyone, to do
>     anything, ever. "Persuasion" never was, is not, and never will be
>     part of Open Agile Adoption. Period.
>
>     While I am sure some may unintentionally or otherwise attempt to
>     use OAA in this way, no one who reads the handbook and supporting
>     documents will be able to plead ignorance of the facts, after this
>     explicit language is added.
>
>     I am planning to road-test the message and the explicit language
>     (prohibiting attempts at persuasion) in the Quebec City keynote.
>

>     On 10/27/13 9:35 PM, Daniel Mezick wrote:
>>     This is what brings me to Quebec City:
>>     http://www.agilequebec.ca/nouvelles/agile-tour-2013-keynote/
>>

>>     On 10/27/13 9:09 PM, Lourdes Adriana Diaz-Berrio Doring wrote:
>>>     Dan : What brings you there?
>>>     Adriana
>>>

>>>     2013/10/27 Daniel Mezick <dan at newtechusa.net
>>>     <mailto:dan at newtechusa.net>>
>>>
>>>         Hi Andriana,
>>>
>>>         I am driving to Quebec on 11/5. I am driving right through
>>>         Drummondville along my route. Yes, I believe I can arrive in
>>>         Drummondville around 430PM-500PM. I'm posting travel-plan
>>>         details in the thread I started about the trip...

>>>         --
>>>
>>>         Daniel Mezick, President
>>>
>>>         New Technology Solutions Inc.
>>>
>>>         (203) 915 7248 <tel:%28203%29%20915%207248> (cell)
>>>
>>>         Bio <http://newtechusa.net/dan-mezick/>. Blog
>>>         <http://newtechusa.net/blog/>. Twitter
>>>         <http://twitter.com/#%21/danmezick/>.
>>>
>>>         Examine my new book:The Culture Game
>>>         <http://newtechusa.net/about/the-culture-game-book/>: Tools
>>>         for the Agile Manager.
>>>
>>>         Explore Agile Team Training
>>>         <http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-scrum-training/> and
>>>         Coaching. <http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-scrum-coaching/>
>>>
>>>         Explore the Agile Boston
>>>         <http://newtechusa.net//user-groups/ma/>Community.

>>>     --
>>>
>>>     Adriana Díaz-Berrio Ph.D. CRHA
>>>     (514) 739 2268 <tel:%28514%29%20739%202268>
>>>     www.diazberrio.com <http://www.diazberrio.com>

>>     --
>>
>>     Daniel Mezick, President
>>
>>     New Technology Solutions Inc.
>>
>>     (203) 915 7248 <tel:%28203%29%20915%207248> (cell)
>>
>>     Bio <http://newtechusa.net/dan-mezick/>. Blog
>>     <http://newtechusa.net/blog/>. Twitter
>>     <http://twitter.com/#%21/danmezick/>.
>>
>>     Examine my new book:The Culture Game
>>     <http://newtechusa.net/about/the-culture-game-book/>: Tools for
>>     the Agile Manager.
>>
>>     Explore Agile Team Training
>>     <http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-scrum-training/> and
>>     Coaching. <http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-scrum-coaching/>
>>
>>     Explore the Agile Boston
>>     <http://newtechusa.net//user-groups/ma/>Community.

>     --
>
>     Daniel Mezick, President
>
>     New Technology Solutions Inc.
>
>     (203) 915 7248 <tel:%28203%29%20915%207248> (cell)

(203) 915 7248 (cell)