[OSList] Agile for OST Facilitators (Call #2: Monday 10/28, 7PM NYC/EST time)

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Sun Oct 27 04:44:32 PDT 2013

Greetings Friends,

"... The old ways are passing, and the new ones are yet to arrive. We
are in the Open Space between what was and what might become."
-Prologue to SPIRIT book

This is a gentle reminder that the next call in the "Agile for OST
Facilitators" series is Monday October 28 2013 7PM EST, which is tomorrow.

This is a call for OST folks new to "Agile software development" who
want to know how and why to connect OST with "Agile adoptions."

All the details are listed below, including the history of these calls
so far. You are hereby invited to participate!

10/28 Conference call link:

Registration Link:
http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/OGJUMYQ0FRQ67ZR

For typical organizations looking to improve, Agile is a very large
process & culture change. Agile is typically implemented as a mandate,
complete with prescribed practices. This very standard approach of
introducing and then mandating Agile practices is over 13 years old and
is not getting fantastic results. If it was, we would be able to point
thousands of stories about lasting success with Agile.

Open Agile Adoption is a new approach for Agile adoption. It's focused
on people, then practices.  It replaces the mandate with an invitation.
It incorporates Open Space, leadership storytelling, passage rites and
more, in service to better Agile adoptions. You can learn more at
www.OpenAgileAdoption.com

The agenda for the call on 10/28 is to answer the questions listed below.

The call is limited to just 25 persons, so please note that your
registration is an explicit commitment to attend.

If you plan to participate on the call, you might want to examine these
links first:

Open Agile Adoption
http://newtechusa.net/agile/deviation/
www.OpenAgileAdoption.com

Agile values/principles
http://agilemanifesto.org/
http://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html

Agile pratices- all too often, mandated
https://www.scrum.org/Scrum-Guides
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_%28development%29

10/28 Conference call link:

Registration Link:
http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/OGJUMYQ0FRQ67ZR

You might be surprised at just how prepared most teams are....

http://newtechusa.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/OpenSpace01.jpg

...for a little open space

On 10/19/13 10:20 AM, Daniel Mezick wrote:

> [...]
>> possible? If so, what extra stuff do they need to know?
>> 5/ What is Open Agile Adoption, and why do I care?
>> 6/ What next steps can I take to learn more about the Agile opportunity?

>> Event name and Topic:
>> "Agile for Open Space Facilitators"
>>
>> Date: 10/14 (Monday)
>> Time: 7PM EST
>> Duration: 1 hour
>>
>> Registration Link:
>> http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/H5KPHZNVZ5PSJ7XQ
>>
>> Agenda:
>> Welcome OST Facilitators!
>> This is an overview of Agile and Agile adoption practices for Open
>> Space Facilitators who are new to Agile, new to Agile adoptions and
>> new to Agile coaching. The purpose of the call is orient skilled Open
>> Space facilitators so that they can understand the dynamics of Agile
>> adoptions and prepare to facilitate Open Space meetings during Agile
>> adoptions as described at www.OpenAgileAdoption.com and the OSLIST
>>
>> Schedule:
>> Minutes, Topic
>> 05, Intro
>> 15, Basic Agile ideas
>> 15, Agile Adoptions (see detail above)
>> 20, Questions and dialogue
>> 05, Summary and conclusion
>>
>> On 10/11/13 11:14 AM, Daniel Mezick wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Monday 10/14 is the day when you can hop on an interesting, 1-hour,
>>> educational conference call:
>>>
>>> "Agile for Open Space Facilitators"
>>>
>>> I promise it will be an excellent use of your time!
>>>

>>> We will cover Agile as it pertains the use of Open Space in Agile
>>> adoptions.
>>>
>>> Here is the registration link and related for the call on Monday.
>>> Signup is very simple! I hope to see you there!
>>>
>>> NOTE: The call is limited to 25 participants, so PLEASE register
>>> only if you intend to be on the call. Thanks!
>>>

>>> You can reach me as follows:
>>>
>>> @DanMezick on Twitter
>>> 203 915 7248
>>> dan at newtechusa.net
>>>
>>> Note:
>>> You may wish to browse www.OpenAgileAdoption.com in advance of this
>>> call.
>>>
>>> ======================================================
>>> Event name and Topic:
>>> "Agile for Open Space Facilitators"
>>>
>>> Date: 10/14 (Monday)
>>> Time: 7PM EST
>>> Duration: 1 hour
>>>
>>> Registration Link:
>>> http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/H5KPHZNVZ5PSJ7XQ
>>>
>>> Agenda:
>>> Welcome OST Facilitators!
>>> This is an overview of Agile and Agile adoption practices for Open
>>> Space Facilitators who are new to Agile, new to Agile adoptions and
>>> new to Agile coaching. The purpose of the call is orient skilled
>>> Open Space facilitators so that they can understand the dynamics of
>>> Agile adoptions and prepare to facilitate Open Space meetings during

>>> 15, Basic Agile ideas
>>> 15, Agile Adoptions (see detail below)
>>> 20, Questions and dialogue