[OSList] Open Space Training

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Wed Nov 6 11:24:18 PST 2013

Hi Kari,

Here are the basics of the OS training I offer and which has evolved over many years as I continuously incorporate new insights coming from this List, experience with OS and groups, exchanges with colleagues, etc.

Day-1: Actually experiencing Open Space Technology around a theme of organizational interest.  People not participating to the training can join discussions on that day if they have passion for the theme. This brings diversity in the thinking, more people to enrich the conversations, a greater sense of a "for real" OS event for training participants and a taste of an OS experience for people who may be thinking of bringing OS into their organization.

Day-2 and 3 are interactive with dialogue based activities to explore the following:

-Essence of OST (the centre piece of the OS learning) : participants go back on their OS experience to discuss what are the core values, principles and spirit of OST, and the fundamentals to do good work in opening space.
-Effective pre-work to encourage leadership clarity, openness and commitment before, during and after the event
-Simple convergence methods - used after the OS on action market place is created or a self-managed one before OS on action
-Hold an OSonOS for emerging questions on OST
-Practice of the facilitator’s opening
-Logistic to organize a successful OS event
-OS beyond the event - how to live OS and its spirit in day to day life

For articles giving examples of OS applied in different contexts, see: www.dianegibeault.com in addition to the great web sites suggested in previous responses.

Hope this is useful as you build a learning experience that reflects your colours.

The best to you,

Diane

Co-auteure : Livre blanc sur le Forum Ouvert / OPEN SPACE