[OSList] Open Space Training

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue Nov 5 09:17:09 PST 2013

Yay!
(for those of you for whom English is not your first language - that is like me jumping up and down and smiling and waving my hands in the air with excitement)

You know I love this stuff. Learning with and from one another.

The thing that I also enjoy is... you could take any of our workshops - from the several of us who offer a co-learning / workshop experience - and learn totally different things.
Because delightfully, from what I have seen and heard from my colleagues - we all enjoy different styles of teaching / inviting (whatever you would like to call jumping into sharing learning together about Open Space) - and we also each seem to have different content and learning designs.

I learn so much from all of you, indeed.

I like interactive workshop design so much I launched this year a new workshop on how to design an interactive workshop. It was fun: me thinking of how to design how to teach how to design how to design how to teach.
(and for those of you with English as a second language, that last sentence is not exactly linear in English, either - it is rather weaving back on itself / interconnected, which describes my thoughts about how everything touches and informs everything in any human systems design, including facilitation process, including workshop design).

So anyway, I think you could take all our different workshops over time and with each new workshop, learn more things about Open Space specifically and about facilitation in general.  The learning about Open Space and about facilitation, after all, is life-long.

Oh. So is the learning about life. Hmmm.

I know you will be a wonderful inviter- learning facilitator, dear Kári ...

Lisa

PS: My computer has been doing some odd things eating up emails lately (it must be hungry) - so I think you dear colleagues did not see an announcement about next month's Open Space Learning Workshop in the USA - I will re-send, just in case... see the dates below.

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
President Emerita, Open Space Institute US
Fellow, Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution
Opening Space

For everyone who wishes to learn more about the method of Open Space Technology or deepen their existing knowledge by learning more about pre-work, documentation and other elements:
The Open Space Learning Workshop / el Taller de Aprendizaje de Espacio Abierto
   - December 11-13, 2013 - San Francisco USA