[OSList] Ang.: More Online OST in written form - is it possible?

Lucas Cioffi lucas at athenabridge.org
Tue May 14 07:35:08 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

There is some excellent energy on this thread of discussion.  I think we
should take this opportunity to experiment.

I see collaboration activities as falling into two categories:
1. Churning (ideas mixing via conversation)
2. Harvesting (organizing the lessons learned, consensus, etc)

This conversation on the OST discussion list has some aspects of both
churning and harvesting, but it's much better at churning.  I propose that
we try *harvesting in parallel* using this public, open Google
doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yCpzaJkw3cw-4VYEaDfwmfUhFfievWw_MwKk_VNpoY4/edit?usp=sharing>.
 It's open to anyone who has the link and anyone can edit it.  It will take
the form of questions and bullet-point answers so it's easy for anyone to
participate.  But *it's open to anyone on the list so its structure will
emerge as we go!*

I believe we'll find a synergy between the discussion happening on this
list and the harvesting on the Google doc (with thoughts bouncing between
each), and in the end, we'll have a useful resource that we can refer to if
and when this topic comes up again.

Lucas Cioffi
CEO, AthenaBridge Inc
Board Member, National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation
Charlottesville, VA
917-528-1831