[OSList] WOSonOS - future hosts? Wisdom to share...

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 03:00:03 PDT 2013

Dear Harrison and all,

Oh how I love Camden Maine which is not so far from where I spent a big
chunk of my life and I indeed imagine how easy it would be to say "come on
down", keeping it so simple in the natural beauty of this wonderful place
plus of course, there is always that special one with the hat... that need
only extend an invitation and folks will hop on planes, trains, bikes and
cars to get there.... (smiling with a touch of humor here)!

Yes maybe we are doing a tad more than Harrison describes for Florida but
not a chore at all, just a lot of joy as Lisa mentions.

Now to give you a sense of the "one less thing to do" behind the scenes
stuff happening in Florida as we await the arrival of our friends and
colleagues, well let  me say it is wonderfully peaceful and calm.  As a
French Canadian with a tradition of big families and big parties, we love
to host and imagine merry times and that spirit is very present now in the
preparing.  People coming out of the woodwork to help with the major
complaint being... "I don't feel I'm doing anything" and yet lots of happy
doing going on just not a lot for any one person including myself. Unique
gifts of talent, creativity and possibility of what this event and this
Open Space means to us is infusing itself into the details. Add to this the
vibrant and excited energy of 25+ University Millennials who just can't
wait for the training and then to co-host all of you with us, well it makes
for a happy mix.

Our University of South Florida St. Petersburg partners have been
amazing... generous and also proud to be part of this.  The feeling is
mutual!

We are expecting in the neighborhood of 65 to 75 people and who knows maybe
more by next week cause people are still registering. I am imagining the
spirit of my first ever WOSonOS in Taiwan which had the most wonderful
spirit of simplicity and hospitality...which opened up so much wonderful
space and where I met many very special now lifelong friends. May the same
be true for newcomers and old timers here!

So with a wink and a smile, I will simply add to all... "be prepared to be
surprised" and expect to hear from us again before the first WOSonOS day
comes.

Suzanne... with a special wave to Spark and other dear OS pals from afar!

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle
University Park, FL 34201