[OSList] WOSonOS - future hosts? Wisdom to share...

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue May 7 21:27:33 PDT 2013

Hi, Cecilia -

If you feel you can grow a community of practice for this method and
for facilitation in general, then you will have the community to do a
fabulous regional OSonOS even if you want to wait a bit to have
enough / more capacity and support from your local colleagues to host
folks coming from afar.

And you already are meeting some wonderful Open Space colleagues based
in Africa.

Part of growing an Open Space facilitator community - as modeled by
our fabulous colleagues in various parts of the world - is to host
workshops and other facilitator gatherings over time, to grow and
nurture learning and practice in this method in your local community -
to grow that capacity. Which is a beautiful thing.

Several of us in various parts of the world who teach, give our
workshops wherever in the world we are hosted. So perhaps there is
some international Technical Assistance funding that would support you
in doing that / bringing that to Kenya.  Or maybe you feel you have
rich background, experience and knowledge in the behind-the-scenes
elements of Open Space and wish to create your own workshop to teach
this process in your region.

When you feel it is your time to invite a larger event such as this
one - remember that most of the participants will come from your local
region, and a few of us from other countries may be able to join you.
So the best thing to do is to serve your local community - which will
be there before, during and after your Open Space event. Right?

And perhaps not this year - but perhaps next year, you can come to the
WOSonOS to see what that is like.
Or attend the European Leaning Exchange or some other regional /
international gathering, to explore more with your world colleagues in
those settings.

Remember that if you can creatively raise most of your funds to get to
a WOSonOS or similar event - we have creative ways to share resources
to help with your other costs - such as home-stays, flexible
registration fees, ride-shares and more.

Hmmm. I think you will be good at strategizing, building resources,
and building and growing a learning community. Because you already
are... !

LIsa