[OSList] Coming to St Petersburg?

Alan Stewart alanmstewart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:00:57 PDT 2013

Dear All

What a remarkable gift we Spaceniks have in the offing. For what could be a
lovelier and livelier opportunity to connect with like passioned people
than what is available to us in St
Petersburg<http://wosonos2013.crowdvine.com/>in a few weeks time?

Here is my ‘take’ on this as one who is attending, all being well.

My decision to be present at this Grand Gathering, coming along from way
‘downunder’, is prompted by:

. Having been to several previously I know what wonderful occasions they
are to connect richly with people who understand what each of us is deeply
committed to and among whom one feels totally accepted and comfortable.
This seldom occurs in other contexts.

WOS gatherings are tailor made for this to happen.

. Doing this has led to the emerging of longstanding friendships with whom
to ‘touch base’ and explore diverse issues. For example there is a group of
about eight of us, widely scattered around our little planet, 3rd from the
sun, all of whom have met at one or more WOS gatherings, who swap thoughts,
achievements, dilemmas – and fun pieces – periodically.

This group comprises a ‘motley collection’ who happened to be drawn to each
other at WOS events and who have elected to keep the conversations going.
To have such a 'sounding board' with whom to share issues one is working on
is a pearl beyond price.

. I have ‘delicious anticipations’ of what Suzanne and the global and local
planning groups have in store for us. My sense is that warmth of welcome
and generosity of hospitality are just the beginning …

. There will be opportunity to engage virtually between those of you not
able to be present in person with those who are. Remarkable technology and
the experience of people who know how to use this well makes
for good connecting from afar.

But, if you are not there in person you will miss a real treat. :-(  For I
am bringing a bottle of something very special, a ‘concoction’ made only on
a little island off the coast of South Australia. A taste of which
invariably sends people into states of ecstasy!

Virtual participants may gain at least a sense of this if the camera
focuses on the faces of people having their sip.  <smile>

. The opportunity to visit with family and friends *en route.*

I wish you a joyous Easter period however you spend this time.

And look forward greatly to connecting with friends new and old at St
Pete’s.

Go well

Alan

*Alan Stewart, PhD
Social artist with conversations that matter and participatory fun*
*Based in Adelaide and operating throughout Austral-Asia
tel: +618 82127168
mob: +61(0)413848680
em: alanmstewart at gmail.com <alan at multimindsolutions.com>
blog: http://conversare.net