[OSList] An offering!

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Jan 28 10:11:21 PST 2013

In 2008 I facilitated an Open Space for a retail bankers' conference.
This was before the U.S. banking scandals came to the attention of the
public and the government - and, might I add, to the attention of many
banks who had wonderful true ethics and practice.

The theme:
The Future of Retail Financial Services
What are my opportunities? What are my issues?

Discussions included how to design banks as community centers, how
better to finance homeowners and home buyers, and how these folks
object to the sell-sell-sell nature of most banks.
They spoke of relationship, and community, and community+bank
partnership.

Of course, only truly caring bankers self-selected to come to this
knowledge-exchange conference (part of which was in the form of
dynamic discussions and workshops, then it shifted into Open Space for
the next day).
So in this room, in this conference, in these people - you could see
the heart and soul of yes, even the banking industry.

Things like this always remind me that amazing caring humans are
everywhere...

Lisa

PS Maybe we'll talk about some of this discovery about cultures and
institutions at the Open Space on Open Space on March 6-8 in San
Francisco. Let me know if you want more information - it would be a
pleasure to have you join us...

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
President Emerita, Open Space Institute US
Fellow, Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution
Opening Space