[OSList] An offering!

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:59:52 PST 2013

Dear Anne,
I watched it and reacted quite differently.

I saw the perfect choreography and the precise filmwork with several
cameras and the big invisible crew and the large number of professional
musicians and singers from several choirs and the organizational work
backstage such as getting the municipality to grant permission for using
the public space for this event... all the time evoking the impression
of an impromptu happening with lots of casually dressed music
professionals just incidentally meeting and playing and singing
passionately... and thanking the rapt crowd with stage bows, including
the conductor.
A grand commercial/polished ad costing sums only a bank can afford...
against the backdrop of unfathomable sums spanish banks including Banco
Sabadell burned harming millions of Spaniards and resulting in a 26%
unemployment rate (ove 50% among youths)...

I guess, Charlie Brown, fan of Ludwig van would bristle seeing his idol
abused by a Spanish Bank.

I closed all space for appreciating the music.

What I really enjoyed, look here
> http://vimeo.com/24157696

It took 4 os workers, two handheld whatever gizmo to record it, a bit of
cardboard, some magic markers... and spirit!

hugs
mmp