[OSList] Supporting the blind at an open space event

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 13:56:00 PST 2013

I have never done an Open Space for Blind People. but I have done many OS's
with some or many blind people. And as near as I could tell, they did just
fine. Their own coping skills worked, and the community pitched in (with a
nice subtlety) - so I never saw or heard of a problem. But I did get one
comment from a person of challenged vision. who thanked me for not making
him a special, stand out person. just one more people. Needless to say it
was not me doing/not doing anything. But you get the drift. Unless somebody
has suddenly gone blind, they do make it in the world, and with the light
touch of a caring community (and what else do you have in OS?), everything
seemed to work out just fine.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: