[OSList] sacred economics 101 and the future

facilit8 - Amanda Bucklow amanda at facilit8.com
Sat Apr 20 04:47:59 PDT 2013

Kerry

speaking as someone who frequently feels a sense of 'pushing water up a mountain with a fork', one answer to your passionately posed question is actually full of irony...

... for thousands of years, humanity has been self-organising into tribes in search of protection from the uncertainty of life, power and influence and indeed their very survival. Those tribes are today labelled bankers, lawyers, politicians, experts.

Despite all the distain for consumerism and the disgust at endless bad behaviour of some in those tribes, the numbers of young people who see being a banker, lawyer or any other influential expert, as a career path continues unabated. Why? Of course I don't know exactly why, but I have a sense that, many more feel that security for self is a priority over better quality for all and they may even feel bad about that, they may spend a good proportion of their lives doing something they hate deep down, but they go that way anyway and may even stay there for a long time.

Open Space is a wonderful way of inviting those in who are ready to change in their own time wherever they are in their life. And we all add to the momentum which will help the wake-up call to go 'viral'.

warmest good wishes
Amanda

Commercial Mediator
www.AmandaBucklow.co.uk
www.blog.AmandaBucklow.co.uk

+44 207 121 8772

P Save a tree ... please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to