[OSList] sacred economics 101 and the future

Kerry Napuk knapuk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 02:51:05 PDT 2013

Dear Listers

Thanks Raffi for introducing SACRED ECONOMICS.

If we can find a way to get rid of money by reinventing the way we exist,
the banksters will disappear along with all the greedy and selfish people
who have accumulated the world's riches on the backs of others through the
shibboleth of globalisation.  There is something disastrously wrong when
the three richest people have more wealth than the poorest 48 countries in
the world.  How did 0.5% of the population amass 38% of the world's wealth
when 68% of the population have only 4.2%?

How can capitalism, which depends on consumption economics to create more
and more growth, continue when the earth's resources are finite and the
environment is ravaged to produce yet more wealth for the few.  In our
hearts we know the old system is bankrupt and corrupt, so something must
change.  Eisenstein's book is one attempt to look at what the transition
might involve.

For some years I have believed there is another way we can move away from
production and consumption of quantity by focusing on quality, making and
doing things that last and allow people to feel good without using more and
more precious resources.

Do you have any thoughts?

More specifically, does Open Space have a role to play here?  How do we get
from Bruce opening space from his park bench in deep winter to transforming
the world?

Peace

Kerry
Edinburgh

PS For more conversation with Charles Eisenstein, ust click on the 12
minute film which will take you to YOU TUBE.  The other two films are
further conversations with Eisenstein.
Sacred Economics with Charles
Eisenstein<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZkQv25uEs&playnext=1&list=PL5D65912B81EB9D7B&feature=results_main>

by 777Bluewhale <http://www.youtube.com/user/777Bluewhale>

   - •Sacred Economics with Charles Eisenstein - A Short
Film<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZkQv25uEs&playnext=1&list=PL5D65912B81EB9D7B>
   (12:09)
   - •Sacred Economics - Charles Eisenstein Part
2<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKLXx6ZCcw&playnext=1&list=PL5D65912B81EB9D7B>
   (9:22)
   - •Sacred Economics - Charles Eisenstein Part
1<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4LsktuiaOU&playnext=1&list=PL5D65912B81EB9D7B>
   (10:35)

view full playlist (3
videos)<http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D65912B81EB9D7B>