[OSList] Craig

Craig Gilliam wcraiggilliam at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:24:12 PDT 2012

Last minute, I was asked by the leader to come into an organization that is suffering some difficult decisions, consequences of decisions and trauma. They are described as angry, hurt, frustrated, feeling helpless, etc. . .  an amalgamation of emotions.
As the leader and I spoke, I realized, this is ripe for open space conversation or some hybrid thereof.  But there is not time or context for a committee to develop the question.  Consequently, I asked the leader for a question that would frame the conversation.
HIs goal is to help him and the group get some handles so they can move forward.  There will be 50 to 60 people present.  They are invited to engage--   The questions he offered were something like: (He qualified it with, "I am not certain how to get it down to one question, but let's talk about it.)

Morale and vision:

·      How do we
let go of the hurts of the past?

·      Where are
we going?

·      What can
we expect in the future?

What question do you hear or comes to your mind from these that might help invite and create space for this conversation?  (The way the previous questions are framed, to me, they feel like they are pointing in the wrong direction.)

 Would the following question be to broad?

Morale and vision:

To move into your future in a positive way, what conversations will be
most helpful to you?
Thanks,Craig