[OSList] How do we manage time in an evening+morning shortish OS? (II part of:: How do we invite key and high conflicted people?)

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Wed Oct 24 06:29:22 PDT 2012

Hi Eleder,

In my experience, the break of the night is an
important separation. Usually, it has the effect
of letting the exchange of the first day sink in
and digest. With as a result that the people are
ready for action on the next day.

So for me it would feel logical to have the three
sessions on the first day and action planning on the second.

You are right that it is very short in a
conflict-ridden environment. I would rather start
earlier on the Friday, if that is an option.

And if passion is high, folks might not want to
hold their energy for very long, so I think an
hour for the opening is the max. They will want
to get to work and dive into it as soon as they
can. My hunch would be to not take 1,5 hour for
the opening, they may not have enough patience.

So I think your original planning is the better one of the two.

Just my 2 cents

Good luck with it!

Koos