[OSList] Claudia's Post -- a Second read

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:26:30 PDT 2012

Thanks for bringing this back to our attention, Harrison. I also
noticed it, and it relates to an inquiry:

Is Open Space also a kind of experiential leadership training? A
laboratory (or insert a better metaphor here) for participants to
enact and reflect on the many acts of leadership that come forth.

And a microcosm of society, in which we notice and ask questions about
the roles that we find ourselves in, and begin to 'try on' new roles,
and help others reflect on the roles that they seem to fall into. And
support the awakening of creative potential in everyone present.

And maybe we also expand our understanding of leadership to include
(nearly?) every act in Open Space - including, for example, acts of
deep listening, which help evoke deeper speaking and deeper
understanding. And acts of vulnerability. And so on. And how does this
understanding influence how we are as leaders in everyday life?

One sponsor introduced Open Space with the subtitle "Leadership is
Everywhere". Seems a potent notion in these times.

Jeff