[OSList] Claudia's Post -- a Second read

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:37:40 PDT 2012

Humbled, in awe, and so touched by this post
http://www.facebook.com/notes/dr-claudia-gross/from-tahrir-square-to-open-space/162135083924389
and thank you Harrison for mentioning it again.  What is happening in Egypt
feels so huge, beyond anything we can almost conceive. These past few weeks
there's been so much on the OS list, and just today reading what Chuni has
written with the county leadership in the New Jersey Children's System of
Care and what Gilbert has described about the Open Space planning work of
Karolina Iwa with executives and companies in Warsaw, it feels so inspiring
as if signaling a world shift on so many levels. It's almost beyond words
and yet to say nothing does not do justice to the work that is being done
by our Open Space colleagues. I salute you and thank you all so much for
sharing what is happening!

Suzanne

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:

> When I read Claudia’s Facebook note (I posted the URL) I thought it was
> significant. But then I read it again and found a real nugget – a real
> thought shaker. In case you missed it, I have copied it below: (“it” is –
> guess what – Open Space)****
>
> ** **
>
> “What it also *can* do, however, is awaken creative potential, train soft
> skills and reflect the structural issues of a society. Moreover, it does so
> in a new and cost-effective way. It was a stroke of luck that in Egypt a
> whole nation found its Open Space right there on Tahrir Square. On that
> square (or was it a circle?), the new democratic rules of the game were
> tested and practiced. And what works in Egypt can also function in Tunisia
> – and hopefully soon in Syria, Jordan and Libya too. That is why political
> foundations and institutions active in development cooperation should use
> the opportunity to train local facilitators and trainers, develop an Arabic
> Open Space manual, and systematically support Open Space initiatives. At
> present, no region of the world is more in need of open spaces to discuss
> its societies’ political future than the Arab world”****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you Claudia!****
>
> ** **
>
> Harrison****
>
> ** **
>
> Harrison Owen****
>
> 7808 River Falls Dr.****
>
> Potomac, MD 20854****
>
> USA****
>
> ** **
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)****
>
> Camden, Maine 20854****
>
> ** **
>
> Phone 301-365-2093****
>
> (summer)  207-763-3261****
>
> ** **
>
> www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com%20> ****
>
> www.ho-image.com <http://www.ho-image.com%20> (Personal Website)****
>
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> OSLIST Go to:
>
> ** **

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group