[OSList] Claudia's Post -- a Second read

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Oct 5 14:00:18 PDT 2012

When I read Claudia's Facebook note (I posted the URL) I thought it was
significant. But then I read it again and found a real nugget - a real
thought shaker. In case you missed it, I have copied it below: ("it" is -
guess what - Open Space)

"What it also can do, however, is awaken creative potential, train soft
skills and reflect the structural issues of a society. Moreover, it does so
in a new and cost-effective way. It was a stroke of luck that in Egypt a
whole nation found its Open Space right there on Tahrir Square. On that
square (or was it a circle?), the new democratic rules of the game were
tested and practiced. And what works in Egypt can also function in Tunisia -
and hopefully soon in Syria, Jordan and Libya too. That is why political
foundations and institutions active in development cooperation should use
the opportunity to train local facilitators and trainers, develop an Arabic
Open Space manual, and systematically support Open Space initiatives. At
present, no region of the world is more in need of open spaces to discuss
its societies' political future than the Arab world"

Thank you Claudia!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 20854

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org