[OSList] Question about OST meetings/conferences including people with disabilities

Dr. Christian Kemper kemper.christian at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 04:17:53 PDT 2012

Dear Rochelle,

thanx for your question.

I just want to encourage you to follow your idea.

Some experiences in facilitating open spaces with people with certain
talents or disabilities lead me to this.

For example this one: In the closing circle of a two day os with about
100 people <http://www.bridge-lebenshilfe.de/kongress/> (40% with
talents/dis., most of them with a great mental creativity) one person
stood up saying: it is not okay to have just a paper documentation wth
scans of the results - i am blind, i can't read this.
And the group solved the problem immediately and organized within a day
a version of the documentation which was accessible for blind people.

In all phases of the open spaces (planing meeting, os, next step
meeting) all people were included and took responsibility for their
matters of concern, helping others to do as well.
The same happened as Joaquim experienced in his talking stick ceremonies.

Not sure if this helps you, Rochelle - all the best for your plans!

Blessings
Christian

Dr. Christian Kemper | inbetweener huven.kemper GbR |
Laufenbergstrasse 38 | D-53173 Bonn |
M. 0049 . 174 . 921 66 11 | T. 0049 . 22 8 . 33 60 28 44 |
ck at inbetweener.eu  <mailto:ck at inbetweener.eu>  |www.inbetweener.eu  <http://www.inbetweener.eu/>