[OSList] Article about OS a question

"Meike Hübel | erziehungsweise e. V." meike.huebel at erziehungsweise.org
Sat Jun 16 22:45:34 PDT 2012

Dear all, dear Phelim,

my name is Meike (it is a german women's name, has nothing to do with 'Michael'). I'm new to the list, but not new to open space!

What I would like to add is relaxation (I hope, this word meets exactly what I want to express). It means to me, that participants feel free, to be/to feel like they actually do. No need to hide, no need to play a role. A butterfly (so to say: just sitting around doing nothing) is as important as a leader of a workshop of thirty people. You are EXPECTED to do nothing if you feel like doing nothing.

Doing nothing is considered to be as precious as working a lot … that's a revolution!

Hope that would be helpful.

Best wishes,

Meike

Am 14.06.2012 um 12:10 schrieb Phelim McDermott:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I've been asked to write an article for the culture professionals network on the Guardian newspaper website. It will be about our upcoming tour of "Devoted and Disgruntled: What are we going to do about theatre? " roadshow. 20 open space events over three months all making up one big conversation. see the tour here..
>
> www.devotandanddisgruntled.com
>
> So of course the article will be about open space.
>
> I'm thinking on the things I want to say and was wondering if people had a thought about this.
>
> What about Open space do you wish got said in the media that doesn't often get said?
>
> What would you like me to mention that doesn't  normally get mentioned?
>
> Best
>
> Phelim

> I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent please call me on 07956 187298.

Meike Hübel  •  erziehungsweise e.V.
Münchener Straße 48  •  10779 Berlin •  www.erziehungsweise.org

tel [+ 49.30] 301 047 92  •  skype mariiike