[OSList] Conflict and Caring

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Sat Jul 28 14:39:43 PDT 2012

I think conflict exists because of caring.  If someone doesn't care, there's no energy, hence no conflict.

The aikido of our work is tapping the emotional energy that is often expressed in anger or other raw emotions such that people discover the deeper meaning that fuels their angst.  And not just their own but each others.  Doing so can turn conflicted parties into unlikely partners.

Suzanne -- your story about your dad is a great example!

Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
peggy at peggyholman.com

15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.peggyholman.com
www.journalismthatmatters.org

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get burnt, is to become
the fire".
  -- Drew Dellinger