[OSList] Conflict and Caring

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 04:36:47 PDT 2012

Caring and Conflict seem almost like polar opposites - but as Marie
suggests, they are integrally related, I think. I had a neighbor who was
described as "the most even tempered man in town - Always mad!" It was kind
of a joke, but after knowing him for 40 years I came to see that his anger
was actually a manifestation of the deep caring he felt, but could not fully
express. Because of an odd combination of social pressures and norms he
never had the space to be the caring person he was. Sad! So I think it is
true: Show me a situation where there is no conflict, and I will show you a
situation where nobody cares.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 20854

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org