[OSList] trainings on NON-VIOLENCE

Pat Black patoitextiles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:14:45 PST 2012

My experience in getting and giving non- violence trainings has always been
in situations where we expect to be met with violence.  Examples would be
water canons, batons, pepper spray, horses etc.  The training is as much to
to practice keeping your composure and how to position yourself to minimize
damage as anything else.  We can bring peace to the discussion of
rebalancing outdated power dynamics but we can't guarantee those holding
power will be agreeable to the redistribution efforts.
Pat Black