[OSList] Articles on dialogue in different cultures

Bui Petersen bui.petersen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:53:22 PST 2012

Hi fellow OSers,

I have been ask to present a talk about on dialogue as part of
university course on Cross-cultural communication. I am thinking that it
may be interesting to talk about dialogue and how some of the approaches
we use are influenced by traditions from different cultures (e.g.
circles, OS marketplace, etc.). The intent to assign reading for the
students prior to the class, but it is proving to be a bit more
difficult than expected to find articles on this topic. There are lots
of sources on how people from the "west" have gone to other countries to
do dialogue, but I have found very little describing traditional
dialogue, neither theory or practice. (one likely problem is that what I
am referring to as "dialogue" may well be called something else in the
literature).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Theoretical sources are OK too.

Always grateful for the generous help from this list. Thanks!

Bui Petersen