[OSList] follow-up of Next Steps

Frauke Godat frauke.godat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:07:08 PST 2012

Dear Claudia,

Some of the Art of Hosting folks in Brussels developed the Pro Action Café
years ago which is a monthly event and derives from OpenSpace, World Café
and peer-to-peer coaching. Here you can find more information:

http://artofhosting.ning.com/video/proaction-cafe
http://www.theworldcafecommunity.org/forum/topics/pro-action-cafe

I will use it for example with colleagues at a city vision-process in
northern Germany after an Open Space in February. Also to model a tool for
the citizen participants that they can facilitate their working groups with
after we leave the event.

Best,
Frauke

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Birgitt Williams <
birgitt at dalarinternational.com> wrote:

> Hi Claudia,****
>
> This depends a lot on what the purpose of the meeting is and the expected
> outcomes, whether it is a decision making meeting or not, and whether the
> decision makers are present.****
>
> ** **
>
> Many years ago, I developed Whole Person Process Facilitation as a method
> that was to be complimentary to Open Space Technology in values including
> the use of the Four Principles and One Law. However, it is a more guided
> approach. When I learned OST, I was the senior staff of a non-profit health
> and social service. We held a number of OST meetings, and then the staff
> gave feedback on what was going wrong. We identified together the gaps in
> daily organizational life when there was frequent use of OST meetings. One
> gap was that we needed to fill was the one about identifying the ‘givens’
> prior to the OST meeting of what people could and could not expect to
> happen following a meeting. Another gap was to have a meeting methodology
> that was complimentary to OST that could be used for the in between times
> when we needed to have meetings that could not be OST such as the action
> planning. We have now been using the givens and WPPF for 18 years and have
> learned a lot.****
>
> ** **
>
> Usually, we now do all of our meetings with a Whole Person Process
> Facilitation platform…for however many days. The way we structure this
> allows us to have an OST meeting embedded within this platform, and often
> more than one depending on the assignment. This allows a wonderfully
> cohesive feel for the participants that includes how we come together at
> the beginning, any parts of the meeting that are to be more guided and
> cannot be OST, a good often 2-3 day OST meeting, followed by at least one
> action planning day. The seamless and nicely synergistic approach makes a
> really big difference. A lot of our work is strategic planning with
> organizations that have people geographically distant from each other. And
> so we also use the WPPF platform for all of the on line meetings around a
> big face to face one when the people all come together.****
>
> ** **
>
> Birgitt****
>
> www.dalarinternational.com ****
>
> ** **

Frauke Godat
Harvest from the Art of Hosting Training Berlin in November 2011 is online:
http://aohberlin2011.posterous.com/
phone (mobile): +49 (0)176 50 47 88 06
Twitter: @futureatschool @fraukeatschool