[OSList] Teach Them to Fish / A Note to My Friends

Bernhard Weber weberb at gmx.at
Sat Feb 25 22:20:42 PST 2012

Yes Harrison,

I think this is one of the central points, To see all interventions/events, especially OS events as an integrated part of an ongoing complex (overall self-organized) process, a stream with a sequence, ...
a sequence, where we find an adequate point of going into the stream, becoming sometimes even a strong interventionist (or better not not, if not necessary according to the principle of minimal invtervention) but finally going fishing, going for a drink, a nap, becoming "irrelevant" again. As I see it, and as you pointed out clearly that we can not escape the empowerment/dis-impowerment contradiction (in the sense of 'aporim' or 'aporia' (you and others, I also sometimes use the Yin&Yang wording, but I like the old greek term because it became very rich during a career from Plato to Hegel etc but was somehow forgotten in our own culture)

The recent "enrichment" of the OST set of principles by the 5th one, makes clear, that such events are always integrated in an ongoing living (historic) process I think.

Bernd