[OSList] two locations at once?

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:42:48 PST 2012

Jen, a question about theme and intention...

does developing the "we" (rather than "us & them") mean deepening
connections among IT staff in the different campus locations? i wonder
if these events are the first in what might unfold into
cross-pollinating OST events bringing people together from the
different locations.

for these first events, i have the image of a skype or other live link
from one location to the other... so that the opening circles could
see each other, and the closing circles see each other... not so much
to share detailed information, but mostly to share energy - like a big
wave hello at the start, and a collective cheer at the end... so
people might feel like they are working together on the same task, in
their different locations. And with the knowledge that the combined
book of proceedings would be available to everyone.

i'm also curious about the theme itself. would people be responding to
a question like "what are the issues and opportunities for creating a
'we' culture in IT at the university?" or might there be another
question, the responses to which could help foster a 'we' culture as
an outcome... I imagine finding a bridging question that honors the
burning issues facing IT folks, and in the conversations their shared
values and concerns are surfaced and conversed about.

just some thoughts.

Jeff