[OSList] "Academic Validity?"

Barry Owen barryo at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 08:54:43 PDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I know this is not the first time this question has surfaced.

Who out there (in here) has some good stuff to share?

This "academic validity" question boggles my mind

The message initially came through the Open Space facebook page

J Arthur Vasconcelos <http://www.facebook.com/jarthur.vasconcelos>
Hi! I was questioned about the use of OS in research. I was planning on
using OS for a section of my thesis but got criticized for "OS not having
academic validity" and "has never been used in research" and "it is not a
recognized research method like a focus group or delphi pannel". HELP! Any
info about using OS in academia? Thank you!
vasconcelos at alum.mit.edu