[OSList] Coming to Berlin

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Fri Oct 7 13:01:32 PDT 2011

Dear Allison,
basically, there are two parameters to the Stammtisch: time and place.
The time is universally and generally set as every first Monday of every
odd month. So the next one is on November 7th.
And here you can see the places (26 cities around the world) where
Stammtische are gathering
> http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/stammtisch.htm

The conveners are also named there, clicking on their names takes you to
their contact data.
The precise location varies in many cities, in some its always at the
same location (which in fact is one of the characteristics of a
Stammtisch, always at the same place).
In Berlin, this is the location
> http://www.kreuzberger-weltlaterne.de/

I just clicked on the link and see that they revamped it with great
pictures of the space, the team, the food... and a little background on
the place... have a look.

Aside the regularly scheduled Stammtische, no surprise in the open space
world, there are endless variations to the Stammtisch idea... one we
have payed a lot of attention to are the "extraordinary" Stammtische
such as the one with Esther Matte on November 14.

By the way, the Berlin Stammtisch traditionally starts at 7pm which does
not prevent people from arriving earlier or even at 11pm... the family
that runs the restaurant keeps the place open as long as guests are
there, often past midnite.

So, join us
greetings from Berlin
mmp