Whoever comes and leaves are the wrong people?

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Mon Mar 28 09:23:35 PDT 2011

I think one of the beauties of open space is its resistance to disruption. I
work a lot with public officials and in relation to public meetings for
planning, land development, etc. Often these meetings are set up in a very
structured way (like a public hearing), and one of the big worries public
officials have is about things getting out of hand. They are often subjected
to lots of very negative harassment from people who are just frustrated that
they don¹t see a way to meaningfully participate in the process. And the
people who are so hostile create such a negative environment that many other
people stay away and don¹t participate at all. OST allows the ³hostile²
people to participate without ruining the opportunity to participate for
everyone else.

Jennifer Hurley
HURLEY~FRANKS & ASSOCIATES
1500 Walnut St STE 504  |  Philadelphia, PA 19102
p: 215-988-9440  |  f: 215-988-9441  |  c: 267-971-4598
JLHurley at hfadesign.com  |  http://www.hfadesign.com
Certified WDBE through PA UCP, City of Philadelphia OEO, and NJ UCP