speaking from the center

Anna Caroline Türk act at boscop.org
Wed Nov 17 10:32:53 PST 2010

Dear Eleder,

thank you for sharing your thoughts -
we will be with you on friday!

Opening the circle is a beautiful honor and priviledge to me, too.

My preparation starts with setting up the whole space the day before.
Especially bringing all the chairs in a real circle relaxes me and feels
like a good preperation for the opening. I make sure that there will be
enough place for me to walk when the people are sitting and with the
paper and pens in the centre.

After everything is set - on the evening before the event and twenty
minutes before the opening -  I silently walk in nature. Fresh air and
the sky above maintain my balance.

Before I start I remind myself: "Enjoy: If it ain't fun - it ain't work!"

During the introduction I walk the circle and I look at the people a few
chairs infront of me to offer a close contact. I used to look at the
people right in front of me, but I learned that looking straight down to
them from my standing/walking position can offend people.

What I really enjoy while opening the circle is to look at all the
different expressions - most of the people have very relaxed or
unemotional expressions when they listen, which doesn't mean that they
aren't following (just think of your own expression when you listen to
somebody).

Realizing that the 15-20 Minutes are kind of the only time that I am
visible that day makes me expand them in a feeling of gratitude... what
a priviledge and joy!

Take a deep breath in and out ........ and in and out and off you go!

Love and light from Berlin

Anna Caroline

pause
vision