Opening Space in Bilbao_CONSP!RING EUTOKIA

ELEDER AURTENETXE PILDAIN eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:20:41 PST 2010

Dear Michael,

very nice message and knowing about you!

*Contract*: something funny is happening to me. Instead of trying to "sell
OS" or trying hardly to inform people about it,... , I´m just getting more
and more interested in it. As a result, opportunities are appearing (I might
be facilitating two more OS next months) just speaking frankly about my
passions with somebody or in casual conversations in whch OS comes straight
to my mind as the right thing to face certain situation or problem

*price*. When asked about it ( I had no idea, I estimated how much time I
was putting into it,...) this was the dialogue more or less:
-"sth between 500 and 1000 would be ok, I suppose" I answered
- it´ll have to be nearer 500
- "what about 700 :-)?" some days later
- I can grant your 500... depending of other expenses it may be more...
- ok (I didn´t tell him, but he knows, that I would do it for free, should
they have no money. In fact, he kew about OS in a free OS event I
facilitated in 2009. This one will be my third OS as facilitator).

More opinions/any experience about distributing a short *handout* to
late-comers (that are supposed to be a big proportion) to make it easier the
introduction in OS? Maybe that having quite many people that have not
attended the opening makes it reccomendable? Or, is it indeed one more thing
not to take care of?

About the *language *issue:
1. It´ s a good idea asking the sponsor. I´m speaking with him about it.
2. I had in my mind doing it bilingual, as it is an important issue for many
people in our community, who would feel excluded if once more "I´ll feel
uneasy to be the one that speaks in Basque, knowing that everybody would
understand Spanish,.... I´ll feel uneasy to speak Spanish, as I prefer/I´m
more fluent,... in Basque". It will maybe take longer, but it may also be
more inclusive. As a matter of fact, I received yesterday a message from a
friend who knew about the event, and was a bit angry because, once again, he
had received the message just in Spanish and even the website was
unilingual,...
3. maybe that I have to detach a bit from myself (my ego?), which tells me
"how woud you feel as an attendee if the whole event was presented just in
Sapnish?

*Mind maps*:

   - sure! I hope we´ll have some photos of the report-mind map to share
   after the event.
   - And myself I´m doing another mind map to memorise all the stuff I´d
   like to have in mind in the opening. You´ll have more news on it, of course.

See you one day (maybe in Sardinia, who knows?), Michael!

Enjoy life :-)!
*
*Eleder
BM31_ BILBAO: Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Sormena

   - www.burumapak.blogspot.com
   - www.bilbohiria.com/gaika/berbaz (radio interviews)
   - www.bm31-liburuak.blogspot.com<http://bm31-liburuak.blogspot.com/2010/06/Eleder%20BM31_%20BILBAO:%20Mind%20Mapping-Open%20Space%20Technology-Sormena%20%20%20%20%20%20*%20www.burumapak.blogspot.com%20%20%20%20%20*%20www.flowandshow.blogspot.com%20%20%20%20%20*%20www.in-fluyendo.blogspot.com%20%20%20%20%20*%20www.xmind.net/account/gentza%20%28BM31ren%20buru-mapak%29%20%20%20%20%20*%20www.bilbohiria.com/gaika/berbaz%20%28IRRATI%20ELKARRIZKETAK%29%20%20Twitter:%20@Eleder_BM>
   - www.flowandshow.blogspot.com

Twitter: @Eleder_BM <http://twitter.com/Eleder_BM>