Youth in Open Space

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Mon Nov 15 13:29:14 PST 2010

Hi

Here’s a brief story from an Open Space gathering the other week. This was
an OST about supporting youth who have difficulties getting a job. In the
opening a man who is a project manager for a youth project talked to some of
“his young people” who were present and I guess he persuaded them to decide
come up with a topic. He brought it up and negotiated somewhat with them
while writing and reading it, and asking them to facilitate and take on the
responsibility as conveners.

The topic was: Youths’ “self-responsibility”.

Quite ironic, I think!

Of course the young adults did a great job during the meeting. At closing
several of them shared that they really appreciated being listened to
carefully during the meeting.

When the topic was posted I felt like intervening but did not, I was so
stunned by what was happening
 Hopefully this man learnt something during
the day

Warm regards

Thomas Herrmann - naturlig företagsutveckling

Open Space Consulting

...bistår er med att släppa loss de naturliga krafterna i er organisation.
Ta tillvara hela potentialen och skapa en långsiktigt hållbar och
framgångsrik verksamhet! Vi har verktygen och stödjer helst att överföra
kompetensen så ni kan klara er utan oss...

Ring: +46 (0)709-98 97 81

Eposta:  <mailto:thomas at openspaceconsulting.com>
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com

Kolla på hemsidan:  <http://www.openspaceconsulting.com>
www.openspaceconsulting.com

Vi är del i Konsultgruppen Beyond Performance Group

Medägare i Genuine Contact Co-owners Group LLC

LinkedIn:  <http://se.linkedin.com/in/thomasherrmannopenspaceconsult>
http://se.linkedin.com/in/thomasherrmannopenspaceconsult