temporary OFF THE OSLIST -- and on to the future!

Anne A Hiha anne_a_hiha at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:21:52 PDT 2010

I had wondered why it was so quiet on this list recently so read to the end of your email, Harrison, and got my answer. Even though I did not participate often I do miss the rich conversation amongst other participants that popped up in my OS mail box every day when I checked my messages. As you say Harrison, when it's over it's over, but then again whoever's here is the right people. I only open space formally once a year and only for 3.5 hours and it is a special time for me and for most of the participants so far.
I enjoyed reading your story about to 'Strategic plan' or not to Strategic plan. I spent may years railing against the wishes of planners but have spent the past 10 years in a governance role and somewhere along the way resigned myself to accepting sound bites of reality that make a strategic plan and the the fallout of such plans that have to be evaluated and audited ad infinitum. I have even found myself studying these documents for anomalies and inconsistencies because perish the thought that a strategic plan would have anything in it that did not align with the organisations stated culture and vision. Happily this is my last term in governance.
I look forward to knowing the outcome of your wonderful suggestion Harrison and will follow develops here if you choose to stay.
Regards
Anne