temporary OFF THE OSLIST -- and on to the future!

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Mar 24 11:19:59 PDT 2010

As they say -- When it is over it is over. But just think about all that new
space! For myself, I have just had a marvelous lunch with the Dean of a
Seminary who is thinking about using Open Space for their strategic Planning
efforts. My suggestion was -- Don't do it! At least don't do it if all you
want is another Strategic Plan. I told him that if he opened space for all
who cared about his community you might just find out that those who cared
were a lot more (people) than he had thought, that they cared about a whole
mess of interesting new things, and finally that if they really had the
space/time in which to express and share their "caring" -- the community
could only grow and evolve. But be very careful for things could definitely
get interesting, robust, rich, out of control... Not exactly according to
The Plan, Strategic or otherwise.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD 20854
USA
Phone 301-365-2093
www.openspaceworld.com
www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: