Open Space and the Art Performances

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 12:40:05 PDT 2010

Thank you Eleder,
My feet are itching to join, my heart sings watching the dancing,
seeing the food.  I am reminded of the village square concerts I have
often seen on Public TV with Andre Rieu, a Dutch violinist, conductor
and composer whose dream is to make the whole of classical music
accessible to everyone. With a touch of humor and lots of passion for
the music, people of all ages are seen swaying to the music,
arm-in-arm singing out loud, tears in their eyes, joy in their faces.
No hierarchy there, just love of music shared.  I am also reminded of
people in China early morning with a boom box on the ground doing Tai
Chi. And then the longing of wishing it were so in the US as I
remember folks in the small towns of Italy and elsewhere walking
together, children, grand-parents and parents under the stars, after
work enjoying each others' company.  Such simple pleasures of just
being together. Suzanne

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM, ELEDER AURTENETXE PILDAIN
<eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends!
>
> When I attend a music concert or theater performances, or even a
> goodbye ceremony of a passed by friend (as it happened to be last 17th
> february) I most times find myself thinking that a better way must
> exist. Art performances or ceremonies in which all the people that
> meet can take and offer their part. Circles, centres and irradiation
> instead of the so hierarchical lay-out (up here on the stage the
> usually payed/adored "stars" for a too long while, down there the sometimes
> paying pagans,...).
>
> Thinking about a more open kind of celebration, a local popular dance
> is first in coming to my mind. You can watch (after a very short
> presentation) here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slaZVHIF40w) a
> common dance which I find somehow interesting and amusing...
>
> Have you also experienced this kind of sensations when gone out to
> enjoy concerts or other art performances?
>
> Which other art expressions do you know which somehow get the self-
> managed/open space spirit?
>
> Best singing&dancing wishes from Bilbao,
>
> Eleder
> BM31_ BILBAO: Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Creativity
>
> www.flowandshow.blogspot.com
> www.burumapak.blogspot.com
> www.in-fluyendo.blogspot.com
>
> http://twitter.com/Eleder_BM * *