Computer mediated OST-like events (was: Re: [OSLIST] OST + wiki = ProjectWiki)

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 06:28:24 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

Yesterday was holiday in Portugal (the "Day of
Portugal", btw), so I have been able to read all the posts to this list, from this last 3 weeks, that I had
not the time to read yet.

The problem of how to use "computer tools"
to support (in full or in part) an OST-like meeting is something that always
interested me, due to my background in Information Systems and my (long
lasting) current interest in "Organizational Learning" and the role
that OST can have in enhancing OL.

But I was stressed by the first posts that could seem
as if wikis were the last word in "computer tools to support OST-like
meetings" (and they are not any longer) and some of the others posts that
suggested other tools that IMHO are also far from being full platforms or even
being adequate for the purpose.

This also relates with the fact that in many meetings
an old and awful tool (group phone call) is still used when there are lots of
better alternatives.

If someone wants to discuss this more general subject,
I will contribute too.

Regards

Artur

PS: See also my next post please