In memory to butterflies and bumblebees

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:58:17 PDT 2010

Anna Caroline, Thank you for sharing this wonderfully touching scene. It's
as if we were there with you in nature watching these creatures be who they
are together: the industrious bee and the beautiful butterfly which speak to
responsibility and passion! How sad life would be to have one and not the
other.   Suzanne

2010/7/28 Anna Caroline Türk <act at boscop.org>

>  Dear colleagues,
>
> today I saw something I had forgotten and I'd like to share this with you:
> Butterflies are more than simply beautiful, more than centres of inactivity
> - as I usually say in my introduction.
>
> On my way back from the top of the hill, where I was overlooking the sky
> above and the countryside below, taking a deep breath and getting slow, I
> passed a colourful field of flowers in a quiet and forgotten valley.
> Long long time ago there used to be a vulcano - today there was an ordinary
> and beautiful summer day with sunshine on a meadow. A big gathering of
> bumblebees and butterflies was happening: Everybody was happily sucking and
> nibbling, treating themselfs very good with the best nectar arround.
>
> What surprised me was the fact that bumblebees and butterflies were not
> only in the same spot but butterflies would even spread her wings over the
> bumblebees - covering the other completly who neither got scared nor
> disturbed... I wittnessed a very close and carefull meeting - as if s/he was
> protecting or hugging a friend.
>
> It felt good to me to see them busyly involved together.
>
> Best wishes
> AC

> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Suzanne Daigle