In memory to butterflies and bumblebees

Anna Caroline Türk act at boscop.org
Wed Jul 28 15:45:39 PDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

today I saw something I had forgotten and I'd like to share this with you:
Butterflies are more than simply beautiful, more than centres of
inactivity - as I usually say in my introduction.

On my way back from the top of the hill, where I was overlooking the sky
above and the countryside below, taking a deep breath and getting slow,
I passed a colourful field of flowers in a quiet and forgotten valley.
Long long time ago there used to be a vulcano - today there was an
ordinary and beautiful summer day with sunshine on a meadow. A big
gathering of bumblebees and butterflies was happening: Everybody was
happily sucking and nibbling, treating themselfs very good with the best
nectar arround.

What surprised me was the fact that bumblebees and butterflies were not
only in the same spot but butterflies would even spread her wings over
the bumblebees - covering the other completly who neither got scared nor
disturbed... I wittnessed a very close and carefull meeting - as if s/he
was protecting or hugging a friend.

It felt good to me to see them busyly involved together.

Best wishes
AC