Shy people... (?)

Jack Martin Leith jack at the-samurai.net
Thu Jul 22 05:13:57 PDT 2010

Hiya Jon.

I agree with Barry's comments.

Sometimes I get people back to the wall after the first round of sessions,
to see if people want to cancel their posted session, or add a new session.

A participant who was apprehensive about hosting a session has just
experienced what little it takes, and may now be ready to step into the role
of host.

I know one OS facilitator who has the participants create the agenda one
round at a time - i.e. they return to the circle at the end of each round.
There's a lot to be said for this approach as it enables greater emergence.
Yes, there are downsides too. But when I told my friend "It's not usually
done that way" and he replied "Why not?", I was stuck for an answer, beyond
that old standy, "In his book, Harrison Owen says ... "

Hope all's good where you are, Jon.

Jack
Jack Martin Leith
Founder, The Samurai