Riding the Waves

Ilja Preuß it at iljapreuss.de
Mon Jan 11 04:20:31 PST 2010

Hi Harrison,

for what it's worth, I got your two previous messages, too.

Anyway, regarding your question: I am working in a small software
company (~30 employees), and though we are far from being an "open
space company", we already have several rituals that involve "coming
to a circle". There is the daily standup of our team in the morning,
where we organize our day. There is the daily "Scrum of Scrums", where
representatives from every team meat to keep each other informed.
There is a weekly get-to-gether for the whole company, where everyone
is invited to present news, ask questions or invite to events. And a
weekly meeting for our technical people to invite to and report back
from technical discussions. All of these, interestingly, happen with
everyone standing in (more or less) a circle.

And then there are team retrospectives, where the preferred seating
arrangement also is a (semi-) circle.

Just a small report from the trenches... :)

Regards, Ilja