Your ideas needed for NCDD's fall events

Sandy Heierbacher sandy at thataway.org
Tue Aug 10 15:43:20 PDT 2010

Hi, everyone!

The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD) is working with our members to hold 5 regional events this fall: In Denver (Oct 22), the San Francisco Bay Area (Oct 29), Boston (Oct 29), Austin (Nov 5) and Portland (Nov 13). We hope you can join us at one of these regional events!  (more at http://ncdd.org/events and I'll attach our flyer)

We're conducting a quick 10-question survey of potential attendees (and others who want to share ideas) about the 3 topic areas we're focusing on: quality public engagement, online engagement, and collaborations that work.

Would you mind taking a few minutes to share your thoughts and ideas on these 3 topics with members of our local planning teams? Your participation will help them design more valuable and productive events!

The survey is online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ncdd2010

If you complete the survey by the end of the day on Friday (Aug. 13), you will have a chance to win one of the following books written and donated by NCDD members (14 respondents will win a book!):

- The Wisdom of Group Decisions by Craig Freshley (3 of these will be awarded!)
- The Leaderful Fieldbook:  Strategies and Activities for Developing Leadership in Everyone by Joe Raelin
- Communicating Across The Divides In Our Everyday Lives by Don Schneider (3 of these will be awarded!)
- Conferences That Work: Creating Events That People Love by Adrian Segar
- Standing in the Fire: Leading High-Heat Meetings with Clarity, Calm, and Courage by Larry Dressler
- Next Generation Democracy: What the Open-Source Revolution Means for Power Politics, and Change by Jared Duval (3 copies will be awarded, and sent in Oct/Nov when published)
- United We Fall by Phil Neisser
- Society's Breakthrough! Releasing Essential Wisdom and Virtue in All the People by Jim Rough

Feel free to share this email.  Thanks in advance for your participation!

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)

email:  sandy at thataway.org
phone:  717-243-5144
website:  www.thataway.org
facebook:  www.facebook.com/heierbacher