Open space with youth 9 - 16?

Shikha Shrestha sshrestha at bellanet.org
Wed Sep 16 22:24:34 PDT 2009

Dear Brett,

We once facilitated open space with young group for crafting strategies for
New Nepal. It is one of the most best experiences of facilitating the open
space. I have learned that they are very quick in understanding the rules if
we keep it simple. They are always ready to try new facilitation techniques
so there are less oppositions from these young sweet people:) especially on
the facilitation process.

The group is very excited so when I did the open space with them have to
manage for more feather group spaces than I have imagined. So, get prepared
for more groups to form as they are eager to talk on each and every topic
with more enthusiasm.

Using pictures, songs, stories and short drama as the form of collaborative
documentation also add more excitement to the process. These people love fun
so thinking of ways to make the sessions more lively will make them enjoy
the session as well as contribute more.

Find someone within the group as co-facilitators also help you to ease your
facilitation management:)

I suggest you to go ahead it will be something you will always remember.

regards

shikha