SV: [OSLIST] WOSONOS 2009 and Then.......

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sun Sep 13 05:46:12 PDT 2009

Michael is obviously a man (person) after my own heart. I certainly enjoy
all the bells and whistles that happen at OSONOS, and deeply appreciate the
effort that goes into the whole affair. That said, I really do believe
everybody is working much too hard. Having done 6 of these critters (the
first four OSONOS’s and 2 more OSONOS’s by the Sea) I can tell you that
total planning time for the first one might have been 10 minutes –
consisting mostly of deciding if I really wanted to do it and what the theme
might be. I wanted to roll and the theme was obvious: “Opening Space in our
lives and our world: Issues and Opportunities.”  That theme worked pretty
well which thereby reduced the planning time to “0” for the next 5
gatherings. Logistics and promotion took a little longer, maybe 24 hours
total. As for the “Conference Fee” – I found the $25 was more than
sufficient. Actually for the last two OSONOS’s I ended up sending about half
of the collected fee to Lisa for the Access Queen’s Fund. So anyhow it is
simple and it is doable. Most of all Have Fun! And of course, think of one
more thing NOT to do.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html