SV: [OSLIST] WOSONOS 2009 and Then.......

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 03:00:33 PDT 2009

Michael,

Several OSonOS on different continents won't happen quite simultaneously
this time, but almost ! We are hosting an event in Paris 2 weeks later...Of
course  it means that we won't be able to have Skype or whatever
conversations.  Which is a pitty in a way : our event is supported by the
computer museum, that offers the space, next to it . So it would probably
have been the best place to host  multi-places sessions, with kind of video
conferencing on a big wall or whatever... They've asked us what material we
need, and we said "none. Open Space is just simple" ;).
On the other hand, it will enable those who will go to Taiwan and  who love
to travel and meet new friends and see new places to continue to Europe.
Paris and La Grande Arche are worth visiting, for sure !

Regarding the simplicity of hosting you refer to, I'm in the midst of it.
And I have to say... well... it is not that it is not simple, it is that I
cross my fingers so that people will come ! Although, thanks to Luc, we have
this beautiful space offered, which we couldn't have afford otherways,  we
have some security charges to pay (public spaces need guardians...),. Taking
financial risk makes it a bit thrilling, although it also makes the fun of
it ;).  If you want to help us, please spread the word all over Europe !

Christine from Paris

--
Christine Koehler
Consultant-formateur