OST 1,5 day: Any suggestion?

Déborah Maarek deborahmaarek at awareness-consulting.net
Tue Oct 20 10:17:09 PDT 2009

Hello again,

Working on a OST for Rennes City in France, I would like to have you
experience about the timing to propose for a 1,5 day event!

One of the pb is that the host is afraid that many people will come
only the first day or only the second day.
How can we manage this kind of situation?

Just to give you the context: The OST is about Rennes, post carbon
city. They have to reach -20% CO2 in 2020 and they want to consult
the citizen (around 100 to 160 participants: inhabitants, companies,
politics...)

My idea is to do most of the emergence part during the first day:

Day 1
16:00	Opening
17:00	Discussion 1
18:00	Discussion 2
19:00	Discussion 3
20:00	News of the day
20:45	End of the day

Day 2

9:00	Morning news*
9:30	Discussion 4
10:30	End of writting the reports
11:00	Reading
12:30	Vote of priorities
13:00	Lunch
14:00	Action Plan
15:30	Action Plan presentation
16:15	Personal Action Plan
17:00	Final cercle
18:00	End of the day

My idea is that after the morning news, I will explain to the "new"
participants the process so that they are not lost and they can do
the 4th discussion.
Would it be strange?

I imagine that it is very short for printing 100 or 160 reports after
the 4th discussion...
But also if I take more time, what would the participants do during
this "off" time?

If you have any suggestion, ideas or experience, I would love to hear
them!!

Thank you for your help and support

Best regards,

Déborah

Déborah Maarek

Awareness Consulting

Rue de Toulouse, 15 - 1040 Brussels, Belgique

T: +32 (0) 2 219 33 35 - Gsm: +32 (0) 495 38 98 88

deborahmaarek at awareness-consulting.net

www.awarenessconsulting.com

Skype: deborahmaarek